Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Bible is too long . . . and too short!

As I read through the Bible yet again, I'm reminded how loooooong it is.  Serious editing needed to cut it down to a manageable read.  Tangents, rabbit trails, and those lists...enough already.  What we need is a concise collection of what is really important, right?  Then again, as I read, I'm often left with questions...what happened next?  why does the story end there?  what is missing from the description which would help me understand?  why can't there be more explanation?    So, clearly, the Bible is too short, because there is so much missing, right?

Could it be that I'm not such a good judge of what is too much and too little?  Someone with more experience in these matters ought to decide . . . I know, the Author.

No comments:

Post a Comment